Into the Wild: Reading log #15


April 27th, 1992
Greetings from Fairbanks! This is the last you shall hear from me Wayne. Arrived here 2 days ago. It was very difficult to catch rides in the Yukon Territory. But I finally got here
Please return all mail I receive to the sender. It might be a very long time before I return to the South. If this adventure proves fatal and you don't ever hear from me again I want you to know you're a great man. I now walk into the wild. Alex.
POSTCARD RECEIVED BY WAYNE WESTERBERG
IN CARTHAGE, SOUTH DAKOTA

This was the first little bit of the book Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. It immediately caught my attention when I read. This little bit was an actual letter by Chris McCandless (Alex) to Westerberg. I wondered, "Why does he have to go on a journey like this?" The front of the book states that he gave up almost everything he had and went on a journey into the wild. But why? This man really must've hit himself in the head. I really want to know why!

0 comments: