Holes: Reading Log #6


    I've watched Holes before about 2 times. In both times I watched it, I never actually got the story. The first time, I was a child so I was to uneducated to understand the point. The second, I wasn't paying attention. Luckily, this movie was based on a book. I decided to read this book to understand the pint of Holes a little better.

    I only picked up this book only an hour before this was written, so expect little from this log. I you have never ever heard of this comical story by Louis Sachar, then here's a little snippet of its plot. It goes like this: A boy named Stanley Yelnats (try spelling that backwards!) is the son of a man who wants to find a way to recycle old sneakers. To help out, Stanley picks up an old pair from the ground. It turns out he was actually stealing them. So he gets sent to court with the decision to go to jail or to go to camp. He chose camp, and in that camp he had to dig holes in the ground every day for 18 months if I can recall. There are other sides to this, but I consider those as spoilers.

    Now that I'm reading this book I have a lot more understanding on what Hole is about. If I just watched the movie, I wouldn't really be able to say all that about it.

0 comments: