Breaking Through: Reading Log #1


Honestly, whenever I get a reading assignment from school, I always think "THIS BOOK WILL BE BORING!". That thought changed, though, when I was required to read the book Breaking Through by Fransisco Jimenez.
I've just read the first 6 chapters of the book and boy was that fun! To me, most books have insanley boring intros, but not this one. The book (being narrated in 1st person) somewhat magically puts your face behind the pages. It's like your there watching them without them seeing you.
The book a true, heartwarming story about a family living with illegal immigration. the first part of the book has a lot of stuff in it already. The plot keeps switching from really hapy parts to really sad parts (almost tear-inducing).
I learned a lot of terms fom this book, especially terms in Spanish. The way the author wrote this book helps you use the other words in sentences to help you get the story.
Overall, this book from the start is great, and I think the rest of the book will be just as well.

0 comments: